Carpet Cleannig Tips and Tricks for New HomeownersJune 15, 2018
Common Carpet Cleaning Questions AnsweredJune 22, 2018
Depending on the stain, you may need to call your local carpet cleaner. If it’s small and fresh, you may be able to take care of it on your own. So, when you’re cleaning your carpet, what do you use if you want to keep everything as natural as possible? Check out the list below and start stocking up.
Top 10 Natural Cleaning Products
- White vinegar – You can take care of a lot of carpet stains with good old white vinegar. White vinegar is best because it’s clear and therefore it won’t stain your carpet. Just pour the vinegar directly on the fresh stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then blot it up with a clean cloth and you should be good to go. Please don’t use apple cider vinegar because that may stain light colored carpeting.
- Baking soda – Not only is baking soda a great way to deodorize your carpets, it’s also great way to get rid of new carpet stains. Simply pour a cup of baking soda on the stain followed by half a cup of white vinegar. Let that mixture sit for about 10 minutes then blot it up with a clean cloth.
- Washing soda – This is great for tougher stains. Make a paste with water and apply it the stain and let it sit for ten minutes and blot it up wit a cloth. Washing soda is strong, so it’s best to wear gloves when using it.
- Borax – Borax is a great carpet cleaner as well. Mix a cup of washing soda and a cup of borax and a little water and make a paste for really tough stains.
- Castille soap – Soapy water is a great way to get rid of carpet stains. Simply spray it on the stain and blot it up.
- Rubbing alcohol – Use rubbing alcohol to get up nail polish and ink stains.
- Hydrogen peroxide – Use hydrogen peroxide the same way you would normally use vinegar.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh lemon juice the same way you would use vinegar.
- Course salt – Use course salt the same way you waould use baking soda.
- Essential oils – Great for deodorizing your carpets when mixed with baking soda.
Remember, if you have tough carpet stains that you can’t get out of your carpet, give us a call. We’ll have your carpet fresh and soft in no time at all.